From the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission..

Household Goods Movers

Household goods movers operating within Pennsylvania are required to be licensed by the Public Utility Commission and must maintain adequate levels of insurance coverage and charge fees approved by the PUC.

Moving Company Brochure - Guidelines for consumers to follow when hiring a moving company.

Before hiring a moving company, consumers should consider the following standards:

At the conclusion of a move, check delivered items for missing or damaged goods prior to signing the delivery receipt. Note any problems (service or damages) on the delivery sheet and do not sign until all items have been moved. Keep all paperwork given to you by the moving company.

If you wish to file a complaint, please contact the District Office nearest you, in writing, with the following information:

Please note: The commission cannot order reimbursement for damaged household goods or investigate a complaint involving goods moved out of Pennsylvania or placed in storage for more than 90 days. However, during an investigation, violations of PUC regulations may be discovered.